And thank you for your purchase of Conquer the Pool: The Swimmer’s Ultimate Guide for a High Performance Mindset.
Below are PDF copies of the worksheets found in the book.
If you aren’t already, make sure to follow me on Instagram, where I post daily mental training tips that will help you get the most of the material from your copy of Conquer the Pool.
Part 1: GOALS
- The Career. Your goals for your swimming career, from what you want to contribute to the sport, your legacy, to what you want to achieve on the day of your biggest race.
- The Season. What’s the big greasy goal for this season? We are going to craft a goal that is specific, relevant, and awesome.
- Training Goals. List out some of the things you would like to accomplish off the blocks this season. Here’s where we will figure out some practice goals that will feed into your season goal(s).
Part 2: PRACTICE
- The Daily Process. Dreaming a big goal is one thing, but figuring out what you are going to do on the daily to make it happen is critical.
- Focusing on the How. Your big goal is the “what” and how you are going to make it happen, day by day in the pool, is your “how.”
- Daily Focus Log. Get some awareness on how focused you actually are in practice.
- Habits. A multi-exercise free fall into fixing your bad habits in the water and judo-chopping them into better, more productive habits.
- The Good Perfectionist. Being labeled a perfectionist usually is a diss, but there is a type of perfectionism that is positive.
- Good-Better-Best. Expectation management is a big part of being able to do the thing that matters most–starting.
- The Confidence Crash. This worksheet will help you recover from that inevitable headfirst plunge into a setback so that you can get back on track quickly.
- Self-Talk. The gatekeeper to your mindset is the way you talk to yourself in the pool. Here are some tactics and worksheets to help you master your self-talk.
- The Conquer Moments. Having a library of examples where you have crushed it in the past will power future performances.
- Visualization. This is our 8-step visualization checklist for a proven performance boost in practice and in competition.
- The Injured Swimmer. It happens to all of us at some point. Here’s your blueprint for bouncing back as fast as possible.
- Sleepy Time. Not only does more rest help you recover faster, but you will also be mentally tougher. True story.
Part 3: RACING
- The Tale of Your Most Excellent Race. Outline your hero swim so that you can give yourself a starting point for your emotional state.
- Race with All the Emotion. Craft a list of positive and negative emotional states for your performance.
- Fear of Failure. We all experience it. This worksheet will help you tone it down.
- The Choke Checklist. A power list of things you can do to combat the dreaded last second choke.
- Strategic Journaling. My favorite method of dispersing excess anxiety before a big race.
- The Pre-Race Routine. Develop a personalized routine to use to stay confidant and poised on race day.
- Psych-Up List. There are times where you need a shot of excitement–list the things you can do to crank the intensity.