Having some trouble getting motivated today? Let Will Smith, one of the biggest and most successful movie stars of all-time get the fire in your belly burning.
This is a compilation of Smith’s take on personal development. This stuff is all very applicable to our swimming goals. Here are Big WIllie’s 9’s keys to success — whether it is in the pool, with our studies, or our work/career goals–
- We all are capable of achieving greatness.
- The path to success is paved with hard work.
- Take your goals and break them down. Take things one day at a time.
- Your main contribution in life should be on creating positive change and contributions.
- Believing you can achieve big things is paramount.
- What we think, we do.
- Laser like focus is critical.
- If something scares you, attack it.
- Guard your dreams.
And a couple of my favorite quotes from the compilation–
[blockquote source=”Will Smith”]Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.[/blockquote]
[blockquote source=”Will Smith”]Where I excel, is a ridiculous, sickening work ethic.[/blockquote]
[blockquote source=”Will Smith”]It’s very simple. This is what I believe. I am willing to die for it. Period. That simple.[/blockquote]