My name is Olivier and I write about the competitive swimmer lifestyle.
Whether that means finding science-backed ways to train smarter, putting together guides on how to improve your kick, this is your home for high performance swimming content.
- How to Develop an Awesome Underwater Dolphin Kick. A monster guide to dominating the fifth stroke that features tips and technique tips from Olympic champions and biomechanists.
- 5 Science-Backed Reasons Tracking Your Workouts Will Make You a Faster Swimmer. The easiest way to get more from your training is by evaluating your training. Here are 5 proven perks to writing out your workouts at the end of the day.
- 12 Things You Learn Becoming a Swim Parent. The swimmer lifestyle is unique, and so it is for their parents as well.
- How to Prevent Swimmer’s Shoulder. If you've swum for any kind of meaningful time you've brushed paths with the most popular of swimmer injuries. Here is a full guide to steering clear of swimmer's shoulder.
- 7 Reasons You Should Absolutely Date a Swimmer. Interested in a swimmer, are ya? Don't blame you. Here are just some of the perks involved.
- 7 Things Swimming Will Teach You About Life. Swimming does more than just give us washboard abs. It is also a proving ground for the rest of our life.
High Performance Tips & Guides
Guides that cover everything from how to improve your freestyle kick, why you should be sleeping more, and a comprehensive guide to developing a deadly underwater dolphin kick. If you are into swimming faster, start here.
Setting better goals, habits, and staying motivated and more. Everything you need to know about mastering the mental side of the sport. Click here to learn how to master the mental side of swimming.
Dial in your technique and stroke with a variety of drills (including video demonstrations), whatever your choice of stroke is. Click here to see all our drills.
Workouts & Sets
Ready to challenge yourself? Browse our collection of sets and workouts from Olympians, top NCAA coaches, and more. Click here to view them all.
Dryland + Strength Training
Being a great swimmer means also being a great athlete. Here is everything you need to know about making the most of your time in the gym and doing dryland. Click here to browse our dryland-related articles.
The swimmer’s appetite is legendary. We tap some of the top sport dietitian’s in the world to provide nutrition advice specific to swimmers. Click here to learn more.
Most Recent Articles
The swim snorkel is one of the most popular pieces of swimming gear in the mesh bag of your local aquatic … [Read More...]
Training with swim fins is quite simply, the best. You get to experience speeds that your heroes swim at (or faster). … [Read More...]
So you conquered the super boring kick set--here's how to take your kick, your swimming and those inevitable hunger … [Read More...]
Swimmers always get a little giddy when coach lets them use fins for the main set. Here are 5 things to keep in mind … [Read More...]
Success in the pool always looks easy. But it's usually met first by those who have chosen what they are willing to … [Read More...]
Here’s a set that will help you develop and build your “easy” sprinting speed. When you watch top sprinters go about … [Read More...]
Are you making the most of your swim snorkel? Here are 3 ways to get more from this powerful piece of swim gear. Swim … [Read More...]
Over the past few weeks we have gone on a bit of a tech suit tangent. From covering a list of ways to make your tech … [Read More...]
Recently Southern California Swimming outlawed tech suits for young age group swimmers. Will more teams and … [Read More...]
Ryan Lochte continues down the comeback trail; adds TYR to his portfolio of new sponsors after Rio incident. After … [Read More...]