Welcome to YourSwimBook.com.
My name is Olivier, former national level swimmer, and I write about the competitive swimmer lifestyle.
Whether that means finding science-backed ways to train smarter, putting together guides on how to improve your kick, this is your home for high performance swimming content.
- How to Develop an Awesome Underwater Dolphin Kick. A monster guide to dominating the fifth stroke that features tips and technique tips from Olympic champions and biomechanists.
- 5 Science-Backed Reasons Tracking Your Workouts Will Make You a Faster Swimmer. The easiest way to get more from your training is by evaluating your training. Here are 5 proven perks to writing out your workouts at the end of the day.
- 12 Things You Learn Becoming a Swim Parent. The swimmer lifestyle is unique, and so it is for their parents as well.
- How to Prevent Swimmer’s Shoulder. If you've swum for any kind of meaningful time you've brushed paths with the most popular of swimmer injuries. Here is a full guide to steering clear of swimmer's shoulder.
- 7 Reasons You Should Absolutely Date a Swimmer. Interested in a swimmer, are ya? Don't blame you. Here are just some of the perks involved.
- 7 Things Swimming Will Teach You About Life. Swimming does more than just give us washboard abs. It is also a proving ground for the rest of our life.
High Performance Tips & Guides
We've got a ton of content that covers just about every aspect of swimming performance. Here's just a few of the highlights:
- The Swimmer's Ultimate Guide to Getting More Sleep. If you want to swim faster, sleep harder. Research has shown it is that simple. Here's how to make it happen.
- How to Develop an Unstoppable Freestyle Kick. Fast swimmers are fast kickers. Here's what you need to know about developing a legendary flutter kick.
- How to Improve Your Breaststroke Kick. Two-time Olympian and NCAA champ Mike Alexandrov knows a thing or two about the breaststroke kick. Here's a drill sequence to help you master your breaststroke kick.
Setting better goals, habits, and staying motivated and more. Everything you need to know about mastering the mental side of the sport. Click here to learn how to master the mental side of swimming.
Dial in your technique and stroke with a variety of drills (including video demonstrations), whatever your choice of stroke is.
- The Top 9 Drills for a Faster Freestyle. A collection of tips and drills from some on the top coaches and swimmers on the planet.
- Vlad Morozov's 3 Favorite Drills. Russia's Vlad Morozov is bottled lightning in the water. Here are some of his favorite drills to crank up his freestyle.
Workouts & Sets
Ready to challenge yourself? Browse our collection of sets and workouts from Olympians, top NCAA coaches, and more.
- This is How Fast Katie Ledecky Swims in Practice. Ready to feel utterly mortal? Here's some sets and results that Ledecky dropped during training.
- Butterfly Sets: How to Improve Your 100m Butterfly. Michael Phelps used this set over and over again to help him develop that monster back-half that became trademark Phelps.
Dryland + Strength Training
Being a great swimmer means also being a great athlete. Here is everything you need to know about making the most of your time in the gym and doing dryland.
- Weight Lifting for Swimmers: A Letter From Your Strength Coach. Strength trainers from some of the top NCAA programs in the country stop by with critical advice for swimmers who are looking to up their game in the weight room.
- 6 Core Exercises for Swimmers. A strong, powerful core is essential for fast swimming. Here are our top picks (plus pictures and video) showing each one.
The swimmer’s appetite is legendary. We tap some of the top sport dietitian’s in the world to provide nutrition advice specific to swimmers.
- The Swimmer's Ultimate Guide to Nutrition. This is home base for all of our content on nutrition for swimmers.
- Should Swimmers Take Pre-Workout? One of the more common questions I get from young swimmers is whether or not they should take pre-workout. Here's the research and our answer.
- Nathan Adrian's Diet: A Day in the Kitchen of an Olympic Champion. Adrian, the 100m freestyle Olympic champion in 2012, reveals what a typical day of eating looks like.
Most Recent Articles
Swimmers are always looking for ways to get more speed and power from themselves. Here's what ya need to know about … [Read More...]
Swim coaches invest a lot of time, thought and energy into helping their athletes develop into fast swimmers. Whether … [Read More...]
You can't always control what the competition in the pool is doing. But there is one thing that you have control over … [Read More...]
Is it sprint work for distance swimmers? Distance work for sprinters? It’s both! Here is why swimmers should embrace … [Read More...]
The log book is one of the most powerful allies in your battle to becoming a faster swimmer. Here are 5 … [Read More...]
Want to improve your feel for the water? Even help bullet-proof your shoulders from injury? Here’s why you should be … [Read More...]
The swim snorkel is one of the most popular pieces of swimming gear in the mesh bag of your local aquatic … [Read More...]
Training with swim fins is quite simply, the best. You get to experience speeds that your heroes swim at (or faster). … [Read More...]
So you conquered the super boring kick set--here's how to take your kick, your swimming and those inevitable hunger … [Read More...]
Swimmers always get a little giddy when coach lets them use fins for the main set. Here are 5 things to keep in mind … [Read More...]