My name is Olivier and I write about the competitive swimmer lifestyle.
Whether that means finding science-backed ways to train smarter, putting together guides on how to improve your kick, this is your home for high performance swimming content.
- How to Develop an Awesome Underwater Dolphin Kick. A monster guide to dominating the fifth stroke that features tips and technique tips from Olympic champions and biomechanists.
- 5 Science-Backed Reasons Tracking Your Workouts Will Make You a Faster Swimmer. The easiest way to get more from your training is by evaluating your training. Here are 5 proven perks to writing out your workouts at the end of the day.
- 12 Things You Learn Becoming a Swim Parent. The swimmer lifestyle is unique, and so it is for their parents as well.
- How to Prevent Swimmer’s Shoulder. If you've swum for any kind of meaningful time you've brushed paths with the most popular of swimmer injuries. Here is a full guide to steering clear of swimmer's shoulder.
- 7 Reasons You Should Absolutely Date a Swimmer. Interested in a swimmer, are ya? Don't blame you. Here are just some of the perks involved.
- 7 Things Swimming Will Teach You About Life. Swimming does more than just give us washboard abs. It is also a proving ground for the rest of our life.
High Performance Tips & Guides
Guides that cover everything from how to improve your freestyle kick, why you should be sleeping more, and a comprehensive guide to developing a deadly underwater dolphin kick. If you are into swimming faster, start here.
Setting better goals, habits, and staying motivated and more. Everything you need to know about mastering the mental side of the sport. Click here to learn how to master the mental side of swimming.
Dial in your technique and stroke with a variety of drills (including video demonstrations), whatever your choice of stroke is. Click here to see all our drills.
Workouts & Sets
Ready to challenge yourself? Browse our collection of sets and workouts from Olympians, top NCAA coaches, and more. Click here to view them all.
Dryland + Strength Training
Being a great swimmer means also being a great athlete. Here is everything you need to know about making the most of your time in the gym and doing dryland. Click here to browse our dryland-related articles.
The swimmer’s appetite is legendary. We tap some of the top sport dietitian’s in the world to provide nutrition advice specific to swimmers. Click here to learn more.
Most Recent Articles
What goggles did Michael Phelps, the greatest swimmer and Olympian of all time, like to wear? For the first four … [Read More...]
“I need my goggles!” We’ve all been there. That terrifying moment where you can’t find your swim goggles. Maybe it’s … [Read More...]
The swim goggle is a fundamental part of our training and our racing. Like the smell of chlorine, soggy suits between … [Read More...]
Ready to unleash your inner Arnold while also adding power to your swimming? Here's why you should be incorporating … [Read More...]
When it comes to freestyle drills, there are fewer simpler and more effective than closed fist freestyle. The drill … [Read More...]
If you truly want to get better in the pool you need to start recording and tracking your workouts. Here's how to make … [Read More...]
You get faster between your swim practices. Here’s why managing the stress in your life is just as important as that … [Read More...]
Here is your 5-point plan to survive the brutal training to come over the holiday break. The holidays are a magical … [Read More...]
Being an elite-level swimmer means you should be ready to race at any time, even in practice. Over the course of nearly … [Read More...]
The pull buoy is one of the standard pieces of equipment at the end of every swimmer's lane. But when does it go from … [Read More...]